Wednesday 15 January 2014

Little Man is 20 weeks today!!!

WOWowow time FLIES - our little monkey is 20 weeks today - life is great - our days get away on us having so much fun together - even when he is having a little melt down and I have tried everything to make him happy - when he gives me his cheeky little grin its pretty hard to be mad or upset with the monkey!!!

Things are well - slowly getting myself to working out again - the recovery from my c-section did not help with getting on the train.

I have wanted to become pregnant again since Alexander was pretty new - so we haven't been preventing it from happening -nothing yet!

However we have made the decision to move our embryo's from Cancun to the clinic in Calgary so we are just awaiting our referral and start the train - I think it will be fairly simple, I found a company in the states that specializes in this - so I am hoping its as easy as I think I have "researched" it to be - so its a waiting game and if nature doesn't play its course I am hoping we will be able to do an FET this summer !!

I will keep you all updated!!

Trying not to be taken away by the wind today - record breaking gusts recorded this morning 120km/hr - what a winter we are having!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hello, I just stumbled on your blog from the IVF.ca site. It looks like we are headed down the IVF road for our second child. I most likely have endo which caused damage to one of my tubes. Plus DH somehow injured himself and has antibodies in his sperm.

    It looks like you are in alberta. I am too and have been waiting for my referral to the calgary clinic to go through. Although after reading your blog, I am interested in Cancun. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind?

    1. How long did it take to get in?
    2. How much with ICSI did it cost?
    3. Were accommodations included?

    I would really appreciate your help!

    Cheers,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess a better question would be what did the cost include? Medications, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I just noticed that you are waiting to get into Calgary as well. Can I ask why you decided not to go back to Cancun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kelly I am not sure if you've ever come back to see if I have responded - but now I am - so sorry for being 3 months behind - I am sure you have made some decisions by now.

    Here are my responses

    1. I got in ASAP - they were able to have me start a week after I contacted them but it was far too quick for me so I delayed it two months.

    2. My whole cost at the time (in 2012) was 6500$ US

    3. I chose to stay at an all inclusive - based on my first IVF experience in Edmonton and did not want to worry about groceries/cleaning etc. So no I had no accommodations included.


    I actually have decided to return to Cancun - I was at the clinic in Calgary and as much I would have loved to stay closer to home - trying to transfer my embryos to Canada was a lot harder than we ever thought - so for the safety of our embryos we are returning to Cancun in the fall…

    ReplyDelete