Monday 3 December 2012

Sixth and final ultrasound appointment

Well today was "D" day - we had another ultrasound appointment and well - they are READY!!!! All follicles measured 18.3mm+

Dr. Gaytan couldn't even count them all there are so many! I think on my right ovary he stopped counting at 15 or 16 - he counted and than said plus plus plus. He figures we will have at least 30 (darn follicle factory!!!)

So we are set - retrieval day is Wednesday at 11 a.m. - the plan is to do a five day transfer (these helps "weed" out the weaker embryos and hopefully giving us a better chance of success) so as long as our oocytes fertilize and everything goes right - we will be doing that on December 10.

So I have to fast for at least 8 hours prior to my retrieval as I am "put under" for the quick procedure (complete fast, no food, water, gum etc) - I actually prefer this - I was in a partial sedation for my first IVF and because I had so many oocytes - it took twice the time as normal - and so the meds wore off at about the 20/25 min mark and I could start to feel it, because I remember crying and my Dr. asking the anesthesiologist to give me more meds. So being completely asleep will prevent this!!!

Well tomorrow is a complete veg day, maybe sneak in a massage and relax, relax, relax, before our big day Wednesday!!!

We are very excited and can not wait to see what this journey brings us in the next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment