Saturday 20 April 2013

21w3d - 8 inch, 1 lbs!!! More than halfway there

WOW! Where does time go???? We are more than halfway done baking this little bambino and things have been going great! Well with the exception of a constant cold (seriously I have been sick since October, aggghh) but if that is all I have to deal with I will take it (however it completely drains me!)

Baby has been growing steadily and moves more and more each day! In fact the other day DH felt it!! Coolest feeling ever :-) I am glad he can feel the baby now, I have been getting all the little flutters, but definitely more movement is happening!! It feels weird, but its so neat at the same time! Haven't seen the tummy move yet - but its coming!!!

We have bought all the major baby things with the exception of the car seat, I bought the stroller system today because it was on sale - not a major sale - but it was 10% off - so anywhere we can save money even if its only 50/60$ I'll take the savings!

I have made a to buy list and a registry list - there is a store here in Edmonton that is only open Saturdays, and I attempted to start it today but I was wayyyyy too overwhelmed! So I need DH off on a Saturday so we can do it together..

A little tiny itty part of me wants to find out what we are having now - I have a second anatomy scan on Monday as they couldn't get all the measurements they needed the first time, and also have a 3D scan booked for the beginning of June - where we can also find out. But its a very "I don't know what to do" situation. I want the surprise at the delivery of hearing "It's a XXX" but trying to create these registries would just make some things easier to pick as we could pick specific colours (first world problems right??!!!) I am sure I will continue with not knowing - really there are just over 18 weeks to go!

The nightmares have stopped!! YAAAHHHH well for the most part - I haven't had one in a few weeks , but had one this morning - so I am saying they are done for the major part  - no more nightly ones - yah!!!

We will keep trekking along - still praying for spring to show up here in Edmonton.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, just reading your post reminds me of being pregnant. How quickly I forgot, the nightmares, and flutters. I loooved feeling little Em kicking inside. So cool.

    Also my two cents, it was the COOLEST feeling in the WORLD hearing "It's a girl" in the delivery room. Honestly, I was just telling DH today that if we have another baby I don't want to find out again. He agreed. Don't get me wrong, it would have been way easier knowing. We just wouldn't trade that feeling for anything!!!

    Can't wait to hear more about how things are going. I hope you're feeling better...Pregnant and sick are horrible combos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your entire blog, because I was wanting to learn more about IVF in Mexico. It looks like you had a fantastic experience with your doctor and nurses at your clinic. Thank you for sharing so many details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome - I hope it may help in making your decision about pursuing IVF in Mexico - again best medical decision experience we have EVER had!!!

      Delete