Wednesday 6 March 2013

15 weeks - Hello our Avocado

Wow I can not believe its been 6 weeks since I have written. Time is flying by quickly!!!
Well everything is going very smoothly for us (yeah,fingers crossed - I told my doctor it is my reward for all our years of heartbreak)
Not too much to write about but I figured I would do an update so I keep up with this.....

At 12 weeks I swear I felt the quickest little flutter - and I am going with that!!! It was the most unique, amazing feeling EVER!!! I know its quite early - but I asked the Dr. and it is possible - so lets go with that :-)

We had decided to do an NT scan - and we did it at 13 weeks, 1 day - finally got the results today (only because I have ANOTHER cold and had to see my doctor today) It was so cool!! We actually saw a little person -  it made it quite real - along with hearing the heartbeat (something we didn't hear at the previous ultrasound) we both definitely cried at this ultrasound - amazing to see a little human just growing away in you - our little bambino was a sleepy head though!!!! Just because I am who I am - I harassed him (we don't know what it is - however we have only ever referred to it as him  - that's what we think we are having a mini Blair lol) and it worked for about 5 seconds - he moved his fingers up to his face and his legs and then right back to sleep!! It was so so neat to see it move!!! I will be eating some sugar before my next ultrasound on April 01 though - I want to see this bambino squirm!!!! So today I found out from my doctor baby is measuring ahead- and not by a day or two - but a week - he measured 14w 1 day - so it will be interesting what it measures at the next appointment!!!

Other than that not too much!!! We have been researching strollers, car seats and that's about it - We have decided on a City Select and are stuck on a car seat - however leaning towards a Peg Preggo -
Babies cost money before they even come!!! We have slowly started buying items - we have purchased a crib and a change mat to put on the dresser...
Slowly starting to clean out the room that will be the nursery!! So things are slowly moving along - but really 25 weeks from today we will be meeting bambino it he/she decides to arrive on time! Many decisions to make but we are loving the process - we figure make one "bigger" purchase a month and then we will be ready!

Until next time XO

3 comments:

  1. Hey it's ellmar from the forums!! I just followed your blog link.

    Congrats on 15 weeks. SO exciting. I can honestly tell you that time will fly by!! I never thought I'd say it, but it does. Before you know it and you'll be in your third trimester. How exciting!!

    I heard that if you eat a banana it can help get baby moving for the ultrasound. Mine was sound asleep for my NST scan as well. The next one? Not so much. Hahahaha.

    OH and I'm sure I started feeling flutters around 12 weeks as well. I didn't know what it was at first, but then at 14 weeks I was like DUH baby!!! So yes, definitely possible!!

    OH and so funny. We went with the City Select stroller as well, and the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio for our car seat!! Too funny. I took my time with the strollers, and it was between the City Elit, City Select and the Uppababy. Ended up going with City Select after all the reviews, and talking with people. :)

    Can't wait for your next scan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo.going with FCC now.Thanks for helping me confirm my decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. luvinmysailor - I am glad that I could help with your decision! You won't regret it :-) Good luck!!!!!

      Delete